the Ethics Blog
Communicating thought provoking research in our common language
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-12-11
Ethical issues when gene editing approaches humanity
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-12-02
Broad and deep consent for biobanks
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-11-18
An extended concept of consciousness and an ethics of the whole brain
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-11-04
Honest questions examining our intellectual sinfulness
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-10-21
Why should we care about the environment and climate change?
Source: Jessica Nihlén Fahlquist 2019-10-08
Who belongs to us?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-10-02
Bioethics without doctrines
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-09-24
Learning from the difficulties
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-09-11
In-depth critique of dynamic consent
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2019-08-28
News from CRB
- Connecting the brain and consciousness 2019-11-06
- Egg donation for gene editing in embryos expose women to health risks 2019-11-05
- Choosing what's for dinner raises ethical questions 2019-10-16
- Cheating students: Swedish university teachers sometimes naïve 2019-09-18
- Future ethical standards for ICT, Big Data, AI and robotics 2019-07-11
- First European biobank for research on breast milk and medicines 2019-06-05
- Testing for hereditary (genetic) diseases before pregnancy raises ethical issues 2019-04-16
- Nurses and physicians have different views on DNR orders 2019-04-16
- Monitored by mom and dad 2019-03-29
- What should we eat? New Swedish book on food and ethics 2019-03-29
- Research participants struggle to understand test results 2019-03-26
- Public awareness of antibiotic resistance 2019-03-12
- Should we be screening future parents for genetic disorders? 2019-03-01
- HBP's Ethics Rapporteur Programme: Q&A with Manuel Guerrero 2019-02-25
- Patients' perspectives on being included in medical product decision making 2019-01-16
- Research - for better or for worse? 2018-12-14
- The complicated ethics of deciding not to resuscitate 2018-12-14
- Including patients in decisions about drugs 2018-12-06
- Neuroscience of drug addiction highlights ethics and policy 2018-11-23
- Deciding not to resuscitate: nurses’ and physicians’ perspectives 2018-11-15
Meet a lecturer
>> Ulrik Kihlbom
Find out what Ulrik Kihlbom has to say about medical ethics, decision-making and patient preferences.
What's on at CRB
Empowerment: the use and meaning of the concept
Multidimensional property supplementation: A method for discovering and describing emergent qualities of concepts in Grounded Theory research
Ethics in a posthuman age
Anthropomorphism in AI: what are the issues?
Received and wanted confidentiality for adolescent males in Swedish primary health care in relation to their self-reported health and health-compromising behaviors
Managing genetic risk information
Research generates huge amounts of genetic information. How should we handle it? That is what we are trying to find out in a large international research project.
CRB provides ELSI helpdesk service for Swedish researchers through Biobank Sweden.
Meet a Lecturer
>> Jessica Nihlén Fahlquist
Jessica Nihlén Fahlquist talks about teaching and what she thinks about responsible risk communication.
Meet a Postdoc
>> Jennifer Viberg Johansson
Find out what Jennifer Viberg Johansson has to say about multidisciplinarity, genetic risk information and ethics.
Meet a lecturer
>> Stefan Eriksson
Find out what Stefan Eriksson has to say about publication, regulation and consent.