Welcome to CRB
We are a multi-disciplinary research environment with senior and junior staff from ethics, philosophy, medicine, nursing, economics, law and other fields. Our research questions arise in close collaboration with researchers, scientists and clinicians.
the Ethics Blog
Direct brain communication: a new book
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-05-17
Oppositional words simplify thought: A or B?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-05-03
Where to publish and not to publish in bioethics
Source: Stefan 2016-04-19
Legal abortion: the right to move on
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-04-13
Global bioethics: each culture its own “ethnobioethics”?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-04-06
Notebook, not Facebook
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-03-30
Critique of the motivation for dynamic consent to biobank research
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-03-23
Searching for consciousness needs conceptual clarification
Source: MicFar 2016-03-15
Resignation syndrome in refugee children – a new hypothesis
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-02-22
Macchiarini and the spirit of fraudulence
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-02-10
News from CRB
- Age, education and health literacy affects understanding of risk 2016-05-19
- New book on direct brain communication 2016-05-13
- Feedback of individual genetic results in Europe still not feasible 2016-05-09
- Call for ELSI experts 2016-05-04
- Help to choose good bioethics journals 2016-04-19
- EU-US Privacy Shield to once again ensure safe harbours for data transfers 2016-03-15
- Effective consent for effective research 2016-03-14
- Direct-to-consumer genetic testing companies lack clear consent processes for biobanking and research 2016-03-14
- Debate: Macchiarini scandal - speech of grey-zone lacks foundation 2016-03-10
- Play helps children with cancer 2016-03-07
- Debate: We need new ethical review legislation 2016-02-09
- Interview with Kathinka Evers in 3:AM Magazine 2015-12-20
- ELSI: Inter-connecting legal frameworks, ethical and social issues 2015-12-09
- Unsafe harbours for researchers 2015-12-09
- How people value risk information 2015-12-09
- RADIO: Perceptive experts better at convincing vaccination skeptics 2015-11-06
Meet a postdoc
>> Jorien Veldwijk
Find out what Jorien Veldwijk has to say about people's willingness, perceptions and public health.
Meet a lecturer
>> Anna T. Höglund
Find out what Anna T. Höglund has to say about war, gender and the ethics of care.
What's on at CRB
Want to talk about antibiotics resistance?
We are looking for participants for a focus group pilot in Uppsala on June 16, 3PM. Want to take part?