the Ethics Blog
Commercialization, but not at any price
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-02-14
Not just facts, ideas are also needed
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-02-08
How should we think about it?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-01-24
The pharmaceutical industry and altruism
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-01-16
Ethics and law of stem cell treatment of diabetes
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-12-21
Research data, health cyberspace and direct-to-consumer genetic testing
Source: Josepine Fernow 2016-12-14
Two researchers in neuroethics
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-12-05
The apparent academy
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-11-29
The brain develops in interaction with culture
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-11-16
What is the risk?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-11-02
News from CRB
- New study on children’s rights in biomedicine 2017-01-24
- New research ethics training for supervisors 2016-12-20
- Swedish research data inquiry on exceptions 2016-12-13
- New research on cyber governance of health data 2016-12-09
- Legal aspects of direct-to-consumer genetic testing 2016-12-07
- Swedish radio about genetics, ethics and law 2016-11-10
- Funding for ethical and legal aspects of stem cell research 2016-11-02
- Giving patients a voice in drug development 2016-10-18
- Parent’s views on genetic screening before pregnancy 2016-10-17
- We need to discuss equity in health care 2016-10-04
- Managing data protection in practice – Swedish perspectives 2016-09-26
- Public-private research partnerships: Workshop 2016-09-23
- Informed consent guidelines listed among IRDiRC Recognized Resources 2016-09-22
- ELSI Helpdesk: What does it do? 2016-09-22
- Data Protection Regulation: final result 2016-06-20
- Risk of re-identification vs the need to identify individuals 2016-06-14
- Preconception genetic screening: What health care professionals think 2016-05-31
- It is your DNA, you should have a say 2016-05-27
- Age, education and health literacy affects understanding of risk 2016-05-19
- New book on direct brain communication 2016-05-13
Work with us!
Looking for Human Brain Project Researchers
Interested in neuroethics and neurophilosophy? Join our team! Application deadline January 12, 2017.
What's on at CRB
- Theoretical framing of neuroethics: the need for a conceptual approach
- Article discussion of “Can medicalization be good? Situating medicalization within bioethics”
- Research participants' preferences for receiving genetic risk information
- Critical perspectives on empathy in medicine: the rise of cognitive science and the loss of narrative medicine
- Critical considerations about the use of poverty measures in the study of cognitive development
Giving patients a voice in drug development
PREFER is a five year public-private research project where academic researchers and the pharmaceutical industry work together to find out when and where patients want, can and should be involved in drug development
Your DNA Your SAy
>> Tell us what you think
This is a film-survey experience on DNA and medical data sharing.
Meet a PhD Student
>> Michele Farisco
Find out what Michele Farisco has to say about finding hidden awareness!
Meet a lecturer
>> Stefan Eriksson
Find out what Stefan Eriksson has to say about publication, regulation and consent.
Meet a postdoc
>> Jorien Veldwijk
Find out what Jorien Veldwijk has to say about people's willingness, perceptions and public health.