the Ethics Blog
Genetic screening before pregnancy?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-06-20
Research ethics is not only protection ethics
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-06-06
Distance between media representations and public perceptions of synthetic biology
Source: Mirko Ancillotti 2016-05-24
Direct brain communication: a new book
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-05-17
Oppositional words simplify thought: A or B?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-05-03
Where to publish and not to publish in bioethics
Source: Stefan 2016-04-19
Legal abortion: the right to move on
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-04-13
Global bioethics: each culture its own “ethnobioethics”?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-04-06
Notebook, not Facebook
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-03-30
Critique of the motivation for dynamic consent to biobank research
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2016-03-23
News from CRB
- Data Protection Regulation: final result 2016-06-20
- Risk of re-identification vs the need to identify individuals 2016-06-14
- Preconception genetic screening: What health care professionals think 2016-05-31
- It is your DNA, you should have a say 2016-05-27
- Age, education and health literacy affects understanding of risk 2016-05-19
- New book on direct brain communication 2016-05-13
- Feedback of individual genetic results in Europe still not feasible 2016-05-09
- Call for ELSI experts 2016-05-04
- Help to choose good bioethics journals 2016-04-19
- EU-US Privacy Shield to once again ensure safe harbours for data transfers 2016-03-15
- Effective consent for effective research 2016-03-14
- Direct-to-consumer genetic testing companies lack clear consent processes for biobanking and research 2016-03-14
- Debate: Macchiarini scandal - speech of grey-zone lacks foundation 2016-03-10
- Play helps children with cancer 2016-03-07
- Debate: We need new ethical review legislation 2016-02-09
- Interview with Kathinka Evers in 3:AM Magazine 2015-12-20
- ELSI: Inter-connecting legal frameworks, ethical and social issues 2015-12-09
- Unsafe harbours for researchers 2015-12-09
- How people value risk information 2015-12-09
- RADIO: Perceptive experts better at convincing vaccination skeptics 2015-11-06
Biobank and registry ethics & law
>> Abstracts of what we have published so far
We provide constructive advise on how to deal with the ethical and legal aspects of research on samples and data.The report was updated in June 2016.
What's on at CRB
Meet a PhD Student
>> Jennifer Viberg
Find out what Jennifer Viberg has to say about multidisciplinarity, genetic risk information and ethics.
Your DNA Your SAy
>> Tell us what you think
This is a film-survey experience on DNA and medical data sharing.
Neurotechnology and direct brain communication
Welcome to a mini-symposium that will discuss new insights and responsibilities concerning speechless but communicative subjects.
Both infant brains and patients with disorders of consciousness (DOC) are at the forefront of contemporary neuroscience. The prospective use of neurotechnology to access mental states in these subjects, including neuroimaging, brain simulation, and brain computer interfaces, offers new opportunities for clinicians and researchers, but has also received specific attention from philosophical, scientific, ethical, and legal points of view.
When: October 6, 2016
Where: BMC, Husargatan 3, Uppsala
Meet a Researcher
>> Heidi C. Howard
Find out what Heidi C. Howard has to say about the ethics of genetic risk information.
Meet a PhD Student
>> Mirko Ancillotti
Find out what Mirko Ancillotti has to say about synthetic biology, ethics and antibiotics.
Meet a postdoc
>> Jorien Veldwijk
Find out what Jorien Veldwijk has to say about people's willingness, perceptions and public health.