- Medicine, Health care and Philosophy Epub ahead of print. DOI (2017).
- Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 1031: 589-604 DOI (2017).
the Ethics Blog
Hoping when there is no hope
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-11-27
Stop talking about predatory journals?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-11-22
Global data sharing, national oversight bodies
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-11-08
Ethics, human rights and responsible innovation
Source: Josepine Fernow 2017-10-31
Beyond awareness: the need for a more comprehensive ethics of disorders of consciousness
Source: MicFar 2017-10-23
Acknowledging the biobank and the people who built it
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-10-16
The Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-10-10
Communicating risk in human terms
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-10-04
Taking people’s moral concerns seriously
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-09-19
Moral panic in the intellect
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2017-09-06
News from CRB
- Likelihood not always informative when making sense of genetic risk 2017-11-23
- SIENNA: Preparing the ground for responsible innovation 2017-10-19
- Report from Uppsala workshop on Public Private Partnerships 2017-10-04
- Moving away from anthropocentric views of personal identity 2017-08-31
- DEBATE: Who is responsible when technology decides for us? 2017-05-18
- James Giordano joins the CRB neuroethics team 2017-03-14
- Stem cells: a new type of biobank material? 2017-03-06
- A new Swedish legal framework for handling alleged misconduct 2017-03-06
- B3Africa: first 18 months 2017-03-03
- New Swedish legal officer in the BBMRI-ERIC ELSI helpdesk 2017-03-03
- We need to discuss the ethics of technology 2017-03-01
- Ulrik Kihlbom Associate Professor of Medical Ethics 2017-03-01
- New study on children’s rights in biomedicine 2017-01-24
- New research ethics training for supervisors 2016-12-20
- Swedish research data inquiry on exceptions 2016-12-13
- New research on cyber governance of health data 2016-12-09
- Legal aspects of direct-to-consumer genetic testing 2016-12-07
- Swedish radio about genetics, ethics and law 2016-11-10
- Funding for ethical and legal aspects of stem cell research 2016-11-02
- Giving patients a voice in drug development 2016-10-18
Technology, ethics and human rights
Genomics, Enhancement, AI & Robotics
The SIENNA project will address ethical issues in three new and emerging areas with major socio-economic impact.
What's on at CRB
- Worry and a less positive view of life – a consequence of receiving cardiovascular risk information?
- Challenging the rationality of research regulation
- Embryonic stem cell research: taking moral concerns seriously
- Human identity: neuroethical considerations
- Brain-machine interfaces and the translation of thought into action
Managing genetic risk information
Research generates huge amounts of genetic information. How should we handle it? That is what we are trying to find out in a large international research project.
Deciding to not resuscitate
Mona Pettersson investigates clinical and ethical perspectives on ‘Do Not Resuscitate’ (DNR) orders among staff in oncology and hematology care.
Meet a lecturer
>> Anna T. Höglund
Find out what Anna T. Höglund has to say about war, gender and the ethics of care.
Meet a PhD Student
>> Karin Schölin Bywall
Read what Karin Schölin Bywall has to say about methodology, rheumatoid arthritis and patient involvement.
Meet a PhD Student
>> Michele Farisco
Find out what Michele Farisco has to say about finding hidden awareness!