We investigate the ethical, philosophical and legal aspects of biomedical research and clinical practice and publish the results of our research in international peer-reviewed scientific journals and in books.
CRB is a multi-disciplinary research environment and our research topics originate from close collaborations with clinicians, researchers and scientists outside the centre. We work with clinical ethics, with a special focus on nursing ethics and the ethics of care. We are also involved in research ethics, where we have been working with the ethical and legal issues of biobank and registry research for over a decade and more recently started looking at how we should handle risk information. We are also working on other types of bioethics research, especially neuroethics and neurophilosophy, where we are developing a 'fundamental' neuroethics.
Publications from CRB
- Neuroethics: A Conceptual Approach. 2018
- The status of ethics in Swedish health care management: a qualitative study. 2018
- God vård innebär att sällsynta sjukdomar ges resurser.. 2018
- When Nursing Care and Clinical Trials Coincide: A Qualitative Study of the Views of Nordic Oncology and Hematology Nurses on Ethical Work Challenges. 2018
- Ethical competence in DNR decisions -a qualitative study of Swedish physiciansand nurses working in hematology and oncology care. 2018
- Ethical competence in DNR decisions –a qualitative study of Swedish physicians and nurses working in hematology and oncology care. 2018
- Neuroethics and Philosophy in Responsible Research and Innovation: The Case of the Human Brain Project. 2018
- På spaning efter etik.: Etisk kompetens och ansvarstagande för ledning ochstyrning av hälso- och sjukvården.. 2018
- Technology and parental responsibility : the case of the V-chip. 2012
- Ethical problems with information on infant feeding in developed countries. 2011
- 'Your DNA, Your Say': global survey gathering attitudes toward genomics. 2018
- The impact of vaccination and patient characteristics on influenza vaccination uptake of elderly people: A discrete choice experiment. 2018
- Giving patients' preferences a voice in the medical product lifecycle: why, when and how?: The public-private PREFER project: Work package 2. 2018
- Filosofía de las Neurociencias.: Cerebro, mente, persona. 2018
- Large-scale brain simulation and disorders of consciousness: Mapping technical and conceptual issues. 2018
- Revise the ICMJE Recommendations regarding authorship responsibility!. 2018
- The willingness of older adults to receive vaccination against influenza, pneumococcal disease, herpes zoster and pertussis and the role of the general practitioners. 2016
- Genetics and risk - an exploration of conceptual approaches to genetic risk. 2018
- Reverse Discrimination For Psychiatric Genetic Studies In Population-Based Biobanks. 2017
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients Perspectives On The Value Of Patient Preferences In Regulatory Decision-Making During Drug Development: A Qualitative Study. 2017
- Stakeholder Perspectives On The Integration Of Patient Preferences In The Medical Product Life Cycle: A Multimethod Approach. 2017
- Mimicking Real Life Decision-Making In Health: Allowing Respondents Time-To-Think In A Discrete Choice Experiment. 2017
- Conditions And Contextual Factors That Influence The Utility And Application Of Patient Preference Studies: A Study Combining Literature And Focus Groups. 2017
- Compendium Of Methods For Measuring Patient Preferences In Medical Treatment. 2017
- Offentlighet eller dataskydd som ledande princip i EU:s integrerade förvaltning?. 2018
- Mapping Uncertainty in Genomics. 2018
- How to responsibly acknowledge research work in the era of big data and biobanks: ethical aspects of the Bioresource Research Impact Factor (BRIF).. 2018
- Responsible innovation in human germline gene editing: Background document to the recommendations of ESHG and ESHRE. 2018
- Human germline gene editing: Recommendations of ESHG and ESHRE. 2018
- One small edit for humans, one giant edit for humankind? Points and questions to consider for a responsible way forward for gene editing in humans. 2018
Biobanks and registries in research
We aim for a biobank and registry management that satisfies ethical and legal demands from the research community, the public and the individual.
We are investigating risk information from serval perspectives.
the Ethics Blog
Genetic risk: Should researchers let people know?
Source: Anna Holm 2018-09-24
What does the order of authors mean?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2018-09-19
Nurses’ vulnerable position when care and research coincide
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2018-09-10
Sharing a blog post on consciousness
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2018-08-29
Ethical competence for the decision not to resuscitate
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2018-08-28
Philosophy in responsible research and innovation
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2018-08-22
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2018-08-07
Driverless car ethics
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2018-06-20
Can neuroscience and moral education be united?
Source: Daniel Vicente Pallarés Domínguez 2018-06-04
Can a robot learn to speak?
Source: Pär Segerdahl 2018-05-29
Caring for patients
Nurses encounter ethical dilemmas in their daily work. But there are also moral dimensions to nursing practice.
Neuroethics & Neurophilsophy
Any attempt at understanding how the mind and the brain work comes with a set of philosophical, ethical and social issues.